Personal Assistant/Executive Assistant
FutureVault, a FinTech platform that empowers both end users and their trusted legal, financial and personal advisors with a secure platform to ingest, store and manage important financial, legal and personal documents, is currently seeking a system administrator / development engineer with strong motivation and experience working in a fast paced DevOps environment. This technical position will be part of a team working to build and launch an innovative B2B2C secure digital filing cabinet built for high net worth individuals and virtual family offices, using state-of-the-art development and operations tools. This position will serve as a change agent for Agile techniques and methodologies, focused on moving applications towards continuous delivery and building a next generation automation deployment model in Cloud environments.
As a Cloud Administration and Development Ops Engineer, you will work to build and enhance our support model to allow for continuous deployment and availability. You will manage our cloud based deployment environments while participating on projects associated with infrastructure management, system admin, system monitoring, making improvements to development environments, application load testing and various automation efforts. You will also assist with efforts related to agile software release process, release engineering and application deployment. Your role will include programming, system admin duties, managing our local network/desktop environment along with a variety of other activities to assist the team in being successful.
This is an important technical role that will require leadership in an evolving culture, designed to deliver software solutions continually, in a fast paced DevOps environment. Ultimately, your work will ensure that we have an environment that fails small and recovers quickly.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensuring performance, reliability, fault tolerance, redundancy, data security, network integrity, intrusion detection, threat detection, risk analysis and mitigation, documentation of infrastructure and deployment on the cloud and on premises.
- Creating the design, implementation, & ongoing management of systems that deliver against strict requirements for functionality, scalability, performance, & high availability and reliability.
- Working on deployment automation for hybrid and cloud based software systems.
- Responding to and resolving emergent service problems; writing software and building automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Monitoring all systems and services and implementing improvements where instrumentation may be lacking.
- Assisting developers in debugging application issues using tools and scripts.
- Troubleshooting system issues escalated from Customer Support team.
- Participating and contributing in architectural design decisions.
- Implementing and ensuring adherence of security best practices.
- Participating in the development of processes & policies to support the infrastructure security.
- Interfacing with the development, operations & sales teams to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Ongoing research, development, and rapid adoption of new technologies in the on-premise, cloud, and virtualization space.
- Designing, building & maintaining deployment environments for development, testing, & production.
- Ensuring service level agreements (SLA) adherence through ongoing operating reviews.
- Handling periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests for support.
- Managing and supporting the local network and desktop environments.
- Designing and executing load tests and driving performance and reliability throughout the environment.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS /MS in Computer science or related technical field.
- 5+ years relevant work experience with solid system administration background
- Expertise in designing and deploying highly-available Cloud applications; experience with AWS would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Vagrant, Docker, Ansible deployment automation, Maven, Ant, Gradle build tools, and Jenkins build automation
- Proven strengths in continuous integration environments - Jenkins, Git, Jira, etc.
- Expertise in server setup, security & maintenance – Tomcat, Apache, PHP, HA Proxy, Git, MongoDB
- Experience and/or strong interest in noSQL databases (eg. Mongo DB) and DB sharding, replication, backup, rollback, migration, auto scaling, fault tolerance, failover.
- Hands-on experience with virtualization (eg. VirtualBox, VMware or Hyper-V)
- Solid development skills.
- Very strong in shell scripting.
- Solid background with firewalls, routing, filtering, DNS, NAT and packet filtering.
- Strong understanding of relational databases and experience writing simple SQL queries.
- Proven experience designing and executing load tests
- 1+ years in an IT System Administrator role directly supporting software development is beneficial.
- Deployment automation (i.e. Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Jenkins, Packer, Terraform, Mesos) also would be an asset for this role.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor when things are going wrong in order to troubleshoot issues effectively
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, including the ability to communicate difficult technical concepts in a straight-forward, simple manner