Senior Customer Success Manager
Looking for incredibly analytical, customer-centric, user-experience-obsessed, team-oriented, self-starting, results-driven, intrapreneurial, creative, problem-solving Customer Relationship Champion with ninja skills, street smarts, a passion for great technology (particularly FinTech) and a sense of humor. Oh, and mustn't be afraid of time or space travel (we're from the future). Must possess valid passport.
A Bit About Us
Based in Toronto, FutureVault is a cloud-based B2B2C white label SaaS solution for partner organizations used to acquire, reward and retain their clients while yielding valuable data and analytics. FutureVault affords for optimized collaboration between organizations, clients and their network of trusted advisors (i.e.: spouse, accountant, wealth advisor, insurance agent, lawyer, etc.) increasing trust, connection, opportunity and profitability. Clients (aka: VaultHolders) can deposit, store and manage important personal, financial & legal documents in a highly structured interface across multiple entities (corporations, sole proprietorships, trusts, family members, etc.).
Whoa, that was a lot of buzzwords in one paragraph.
Translation: FutureVault is a downtown Toronto-based FinTech startup that is growing like gangbusters. Over the past 2 years, we’ve stealthily built an incredible digital safety deposit box for organizations to brand and give their clients or members. In doing so, organizations and end users can communicate more securely and the relationship becomes stickier. Organizations are happy because they are providing value while getting to know their constituents better. Clients are happy because they are saving time and money and gaining peace of mind with all of life’s most important documents securely organized like never before. Everyone is happy.
We recently launched in New York by appearing on CNBC’s Squawk Box and demoing the platform on stage at a major FinTech conference (Finovate Fall 2016). We just filed three patents and launched our iOS companion app. We are starting to on-board our first business customers. Now, it’s time to turn on the marketing machine. Join us. Let’s do this.
A Bit About You
As per our search criteria above, we’re looking for a Jack-or-Jill-of-all-trades and master-of-many in a Senior Customer Success Manager. If you answer yes to most of the following, you should send us your CV:
- You are simply passionate about providing world-class customer experiences
- Provide responsive and proactive support in managing all requests, including preparation and coordination of reports, communications, spreadsheets, client correspondence and meetings
- You’ve been at the forefront of client (business or consumer) interactions, whether taking support calls, giving webinars, or shaking hands with clients and stakeholders ensuring all parties are supported through the lifetime of an agreement, big or small
- To you, great customer support is a way of life
- You have weird dreams about KPIs like customer retention, conversion rate, average resolution time, call hold times, complaint escalation rates, etc.
- You wake up thinking about what your customers want and need to do today
- You can communicate with clear and concise messaging (vs. verbose, long-winded diatribes like this job posting)
- You have an eye for good user experience, an ear to the ground for marketplace trends, and a nose for knowing how to deliver awesome
- You like assembling and leading A Teams to produce A+ work
- You changed your middle name from “Danger” to “Dangerously Good at Making Customers Happy”
- You’re not afraid to admit when you don’t know something but like to show off how fast you can get help and learn it
- Delivering Happiness (Tony Hsieh) might just be one of your favourite industry books
- You know that you need to know your audience, whether business customer, end user, strategic partner, or shareholder
- You are a team player that still knows how to deliver on a solo mission
Your Mission Should You Choose to Accept It
Working within the Marketing & Customer Success Group and reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will champion our Customer Success Strategy, Tactics, Execution and Reporting.
Your core mandates include:
- In-bound Support (Call Centre & Support Desk): Lead the company’s front line interactions with B2B and B2C clients in a support and training capacity.
- Out-bound Support (Concierge Service): Manage the strategy and execution of a first-class Concierge White-glove service for both local and remote end users.
- Vision & Goals: Develop your vision for the Customer Success Group, set a clear mission and deploy strategies focused towards that mission
- Documentation: With the support of the Operations and Project Management team, develop service procedures, policies and standards. Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions.
- Technology & Tools: Work closely with the IT and DevOps team to build out the technical components of the support architecture.
- Ticket Resolution: Take ownership of customers’ issues and follow problems through to resolution with a documented flow.
- HR: Recruit, grow, scale, manage and mentor support team, nurturing an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
- Customer Experience as a Marketing Channel: Improve customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate organic growth.
- Reporting & Analytics: Identify your core KPIs and the activities needed to turn the right dials; seek support from Product, Engineering and Sales teams to support your metrics.
- Pulse of the Industry: Keep ahead of industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement.
- Resource Management: Control resources and utilize assets to achieve qualitative and quantitative targets. Adhere to and manage the approved budget for your group.
- Product Development Insights: Provide structured feedback to the Product and Engineering teams on features, functionality, user experience, user interface, workflow, processes, etc.
- Technical Escalations: Work hand in glove with the Engineering team to review, document and escalate technical issues on the platform.
- Bachelor’s degree in something – Customer Support leaders come from all sorts of backgrounds (surprise us!)
- 8+ years of relevant business experience; 3+ years people management experience
- Exceptional customer relationship and customer support skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solver and troubleshooter; proficient in the art of conflict resolution
- Ability to handle multiple challenging priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of management methods and techniques
- Solid knowledge of customer service and CRM software, databases and tools
- Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications
- Ability to think strategically and to lead clearly and calmly
- Commensurate upon experience – don’t worry, we strive to be competitive even though we’re a startup.
- You like vacations? So do we.
- Stock options? Yes, please.
- Bonus as a % of salary? Yup.
Please include resume and salary expectations when submitting with LinkedIn profile.