Software Development Manager
FutureVault, a FinTech platform that empowers both end users and their trusted legal, financial and personal advisors with a secure platform to ingest, store and manage important financial, legal and personal documents, is currently seeking a strong technical software development manager to lead a team of developers and quality engineers in a fast paced Agile development environment. The ideal candidate will apply their experience leading high performance teams to ensure our people, processes, and technologies are on the path of continuous improvement and aligned with corporate objectives. We are aggressively growing our product development organization while at the same time rebuilding key components of our software platform. Exciting times and rewarding challenges lay ahead for the right Dev Manager
Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Drive the successful delivery of regular software releases in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Work directly with Technical Leads and Product Manager to track velocity and plan sprints for the development team.
- Support the research, evaluation and implementation of new technologies and tools in partnership with solution architects, ensuring alignment with existing products, platforms, emerging business needs and engineering best practices.
- Provide guidance to team members in areas of software architecture design, refactoring and on-going code improvements.
- Partner with our DevOps practice to ensure timely software deployments and support of our production environment.
- Manage and help grow high performing team of developers and quality engineers. Core responsibilities include hiring, mentoring, coaching, individual performance evaluation, motivating, retention and providing status updates to senior management.
- Contribute to product documentation, including requirements (e.g. technical stories), design and architecture documents.
- Demonstrate strong technical leadership and people management skills including solid communication and analytical skills with thorough understanding of product development and successful problem definition, decomposition and estimation.
- Must work effectively with members of cross-functional product development teams including Product Owners, Developers, QA, DevOps and Architects on various sized projects and initiatives.
- Develop team culture which motivates quality, productivity and innovation.
- Interface with other departments, customers, vendors and other third parties as necessary to ensure timely resolution to any product related issues.
- Ensuring implementation of effective metrics, controls and reporting to measure the progress, productivity and quality of each scrum team.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 5+ years of relevant development experience.
- 3+ years people management experience.
- Experience with OOD and object oriented languages.
- Hands-on technical expertise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong business and technical vision.
- Ability to handle multiple challenging priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.